Saturday 12 July 2008

End of 2nd Week at KTT

I went home this afternoon because there was a replacement class for Hari Raya holidays in the morning.

Glad to be home! (Sorry to those who can't go home, I don't mean to stimulate your homesickness.) After 5 stressful days without TV, finally I can enjoy few hours of comfort in front of the TV (no need to squeeze and share the pity & mini TV airing dull shows at student lounge with people of whatever type you can imagine).

I had my first lesson on Monday. The subjects I'm taking are Biology, Chemistry, Physics, Mathematics, IELTS, Pengajian Malaysia and Moral Studies. Classes have started for all the mentioned subjects except Moral Studies.

Different subjects, different lecturers, different personalities & different ways of teaching.

I'm very desperate to express my thoughts & feelings. I've waited the opportunity to share & complain with people outside the college for so many days. The urge to pour out the goods & bads (if any) is so strong that I can't resist. For safety's sake, I won't reveal the names of the lecturers that I'm going to analyse and the subjects he/she teaches (but you can ask me personally). Pls note that the characteristics & personalities of individuals listed below are of random pick.

Ok lets start.

Lecturer A's teaching speed is quite slow (precisely very slow), hope things change next week but not too much. A is very proud (or obsessed) with the word "CIE" (Cambridge International Examination) and recognises no books other than those endorsed by CIE. A kept asking questions where students are reluctant to respond to, but A still "encourages" the students to answer, to react positively, to not follow the definitions of terms in the book A trusts most.

Lecturer B is superb. Attending B's lessons is like taking part in marathon or Olympic games or any sports that require speed & accuracy & the ability to stay calm & hold your composure when your hand sores due to the amounts of notes you copied, not to mention the homeworks are taking you days to finish (some students drop that particular subject because of the killing & intimidating amount of homeworks, causing them unable to study or do revision for other subjects).

Lecturer C is the 1 I dislike most (after much consideration, I decided to refrain myself from using the word that starts with "h"). C gave "entertainment" a new meaning: smirching innocent souls. C enjoys telling useless jokes & giving brainless opinions with a hell disgusting look & annoying tone.

Lecturer D is quite a dedicated person because I saw the notes that D prepared for lessons & I felt like "Finally! A good lecturer.". But when D started displaying signs of I'm-your-lecturer-&-no-way-I-will-act-stupid-&-get-bullied, I realised that I must'nt hope for anything or anyone except myself.

There are so much more that I would like to express here, but to avoid troubles, just to name a few, "You're so disrespectful towards your lecturers", "you thought you know a lot", "you have no rights to judge" and etc, I think that it is time to put a stop after lecturer D.

As a student (or perhaps 'future leader' that will stop racial polarisation or whatever that sounds heroic), I demand nothing other than freedom of speech (or blogging). Swallowing dissatisfaction blindly does more harm than good. I'm totally & obviously not a mutt that remains indifferent despite being treated not the way I expect.

I'm sure many of you out there will say: "Same case here at my school / college, but what to do?" Lets just pray that we can end our studies safely & excel in our field of choice.

Hope for a better tomorrow!

0 tippaniyam:

Post a Comment