Thursday 13 May 2010

Ignorance = bliss?

Seriously… I dunno how things work.


There was a visit to Hospital Serdang this morning and there will be another visit to UM next Monday and I’m not involved in either of them. =(


The lists of students selected for each of the events were released few days ago and my name was not found.


I didn’t mean that my name MUST be in the lists but at least, I DERSERVE to be selected.


First,


visit to Hospital Serdang. Rumour has it that people were chosen based on their attendance in Kannada class. It’s true that I skipped some of the classes but comparatively, I attended more classes than most of the people in the list. Besides, I am very sure that I scored very well in Kannada Tests and I didn’t cheat! But I wasn’t chosen to join the trip…


Next,


visit to University Malaya. I wanted to join this one because of its Anatomy Museum (it’s not really a museum, according to my anatomy lecturer, it’s just a big room full of isolated organs…). It was stated clearly on the list that 50 students who got A+ in their first Anatomy Test were selected.


Truth is… I obtained the highest score in my class and still… yea you got it… I wasn’t selected to join, AGAIN! Second highest, third highest… anonymous all get to go but I’ll be left out.


Speechless… …. …. … I’m pissed…


I didn’t fight for my right in front of whoever’s responsible for the shits (pardon my language, can’t help…) because I was disappointed and I don’t want to look desperate.


You probably think that I should at least go try my luck and argue with the person who made the selection. Even if I won, what I’ll get is JUST a visit to a place which I’ll never study there or a hospital which I’ll get very sick working there for 10 years after graduation.


So what I did was, coming home this morning and only return to college on Monday evening, treating myself well with 5 days of good food and great life. I’ll watch a movie tomorrow with a group of best friends who I feel most comfortable with, and I’ll meet a friend on Sunday who I miss a lot.


Looking forward to REAL life outside the place which never fails to disappoint.





0 tippaniyam:

Post a Comment