Monday 17 May 2010

Harassment

Date: 16th May 2010, Sunday

Time: Around 7.30pm

Venue: Mid Valley’s bus stop

Subject: An uncle in his 50s

I had waited for a bus to go home for an hour. I wasn’t in a good mood and was sweating badly. Suddenly an uncle intercepted my daydream and started talking to me. He looked friendly at first, but things started to change pretty soon.

Below is the conversation we had. He talked a lot but I only remembered certain things. Before you carry on, please note that the following conversation is for people above 18 and contains explicit adult contents. Read at your own risk. Should you feel any discomfort, please discontinue reading and consult a physician/psychologist/counsellor etc if symptoms persist.

Reminder: READ AT YOUR OWN RISK…

It was very noisy around me, so I can only hear certain things he said. Most of the time I kept saying “pardon?” and “ar?”. We conversed in Cantonese.

U= Uncle

M= Me

(simplified and censored version)

U: You waiting for U71? (RapidKL bus number)

M: No, U60.

U: It’s very hard to get U71 here, only 1 bus every hour.

M: Same goes for U60. I had been waiting for an hour.

U: *knod knod* Where do you live?

M: Puchong.

U: Are you a student?

M: Yes.

U: What are you studying now?… (boring stuffs, so let’s skip to the interesting

part) Are you @#$%^? ^&*@? B?

M: Har???

U: Are you straight? Curved? Or B?

M: Har??? Pardon? I can’t hear you… (too noisy due to vehicles passing by)

U: Do you like girls? Some guys like guys, some even like both, that is called

B, bisexual.

M: Oohh…

U: What’s your name?

M: Alex. (lol…)

U: Can give me your surname?

M: Tan (LOL…)

We shook hands, and I regretted doing that not long later.

U: You know Mandarin right?

M: *shakes head* Nooo… (starts pretending as a “banana”, which I always do

when facing a stranger)

U: Then can you read Mandarin?

M: *shakse head and smiles*…

U: Like that ar… Can read English right?

M: Ya…

U: I can recommend some girls to you, all very young and beautiful etc etc… (I

forgot) You give me your number, come come *takes out pen and preparing to

write in his palm*…

M: *shakes head and smiles* no thanks…

U: No need shy shy la, first time sure like that one. Many people kept saying

no initially but after trying, they demanded more and more. Some even

requested the girls to send them their nude photos. You know, boobs, vajayjay.

COME LA, give me your number. I introduce a few girls to you. Be friends first,

then later see what you wanna do.

M: No need.

U: Come la! Why like that? You don’t wanna know some new friends meh? Be

friends with them la, friends only…

M: It’s ok, I have many friends already…

U: Aiyoh! Just a few more friends only ma… U have girlfriend?

M: No.

U: I see you talk very softly. You like guys right? I have some boys here also. They

“did” a few times only. Some very cute one, some muscular, sexy. Come, give

me your number, I send their pictures to you to choose. After you have made

your decision, you tell me. I arrange for you.

M: Really no need.

U: Aiyoh! I know one, guys who wear specs are very horny one I tell you. They may

look normal but actually they very vigorous.

M: *Ignoring and trying hard to look at buses’ number*

The fella kept talking rubbish which I didn’t bother to care. The things I wanted most was to go home and bathe, not some anonymous hot babes/dudes. So I carried on reading buses’ sign as there were more and more buses approaching, leaving that idiot outta my mind (too busy!).

Finally!

U: @##$#$%@#$&*&*%… That is called Sex Partner, @#@$#$$%…

I walked to the bus and climbed into it. Finally the world around me returned to its peaceful state and even better, it was air-conditioned.

In the bus, I wiped my palm on the seat a few times, feeling very disgusted and wondering if there’s any disease being transmitted to me during that short moment of contact.

Moral of the story: Don’t ever entertain strangers, especially those who showed

interest in you suddenly.