Sunday 27 June 2010

BTN Camp

I made a promise to blog about BTN Camp 2 weeks ago (LOL) but due to laziness, the plan was procrastinated.


Thank you Lee Chin for reminding me to blog about the camp (it was few days ago, haha). It’s time to work my fingers.


First of all, allow me to do some definition.


BTN = Biro Tatatnegara

BTN Camp = A mandatory 5 days 4 nights camp for all JPA scholars and whoever using government’s $$ to further their education overseas.


It’s a very controversial camp, with rumours (some are true) about racism and discrimination. Well, it depends on the facilitators, trainers and location of the camp.


If you are lucky enough, you can survive the camp without serious hardship. If you don’t wanna risk it, DON’T EVER ACCEPT GOVERNMENT’S $$ TO FUND YOUR EDUCATION. Go for other scholarships / use your parents’ $$ to study abroad / replace your parents with wealthier ones / study locally etc.


I think I was quite lucky because most of the facilitators here were good and open-minded, or at least they tried their best to act that way. Some were irritating, but not a very big issue.


The name of the camp is Kursus Kenegaraan Mahasiswa ke Luar Negara. If you didn’t fail BM in SPM, you can get a rough idea of what the camp is about. Basically the sole objective of the camp is to instil a sense of (or great deal of)patrotism into all attendees.


So throughout the entire course, you’ll get a recap of the nation’s history. It felt like attending history lessons in secondary school, the only difference is that this time, you have to prove that you really understand what it means by being patriotic. You have to do something to show that you love this country. Just try your best to ACT.


OK, enough boring stuff. I’ll let the pictures do the talking. I won’t tell everything here because 5 days is not a short period.


Duration of the course: 31 May to 4 June ( 5 days 4 night)

Venue: Kem Bina Negara, Tanjung Rhu, Sepang

(An extremely secluded piece of land, escaping will only put you into

another worse position, and very poor mobile signal, almost nil.)



DSC00184 The Dorm

16 person sharing a dorm, not something I enjoy…



DSC00181My bed, the upper bunk

No wall fan around, super hot in the afternoon.



4School boy-looking dorm-matezz

Daniel (photographer) and Ah Wong missing.

The formal dress code was short-sleeved white shirt and dark-coloured slack.

I know…



DSC00211 DSC00206

Auditorium

The super comfortable and sleep-inducing “theatre” where we

attended facilitators’ slide presentation and other activities.



DSC00199People cramming to sign their attendance

Every aspect of us will be evaluated, contributing to 40% of total score,

the other 60% comes from exam on the last day.



DSC00198Fellow Manipal-ians

Me and Chee Kit (the tallest guy I’ve ever met).



DSC00203Guys watching girls dancing

We were asked to close our eyes and mimic the gestures of a musical conductor,

but it turned out that some were dancing instead.

I wasn’t allowed to use my phone to snap pictures, but since the facilitators were enjoying the show so much, no one would notice me doing that.



DSC00216Tower for flying-fox and abseiling

I wanted to try that sooooo much but too bad, no chance due to lack of trainers.

Picture taken from inside of auditorium through window pane.



BTNA comical scene displaying factors contributing to the fall of ancient Malacca

In one of the LDKs (Latihan dalam Kumpulan), we were asked to list the characteristics of the people in the picture. So we came out with “pembelot”, “pengkhianat”, “berpeluk tubuh”, “mata duitan” etc etc etc…

Then my group’s facilitator asked: “Adakah anda familier d’ngan semue ni?”

No one answered. Then he continued: “ Ini adalah sifat-sifat yang saye nampak dari diri anda semue! Kalau anda masih tak berubah, andalah yang bakal menghapuskan negare kite ni… … … Saye rase anda TIDAK LAYAK menerima biasiswa JPA… … Name Agong tak tau! Name permaisuri tak tau!… …”



DSC00217Kembara

My favourite activity of all. It was the first and dirtiest and stinkiest jungle trekking ever had.



DSC00220People emerging from the “hole”



DSC00228 Crossing leech-ful river




DSC00225

Eric, me, Stephanie and Vee Kee.



DSC00226More climbing





DSC00229We destroyed people’s vege farm on our way back to camp. Sorry~~ XD




DSC00231 Kem Bina Negara!

What a seclusion…



DSC00235The first batch of survivors who made it back to the camp!

Back: Ah Wong, Vanessa, Stehanie, Vee Kee, Eric.

Front: Susu, me.




We waited for the others to arrive and were not allowed to take shower. All of us were dirty, smelly, tired, hungry and wounded. When we were released to have our dinner, I rushed back to the dorm to bath so that I don’t have to compete with others for the washroom later. After refreshing myself, I went to the canteen to have dinner with Eric. My group members left us plenty of food.


Million thanks for being so kind and considerate!


It was Thursday night, the last night there. I had the BEST dinner since arrival with Eric, later joined by Gabriel, Mizan and Christine. We stayed there until it was almost time to assemble at the auditorium for the last session with the facilitators.


On Friday, we were allowed to wake up and assemble late so that we can do last minute revision for the exam and to pack our stuff. The exam was ridiculously easy. I think all of us managed to pass. We had our lunch after that and waited for the buses to come take us back to KTT.


Back at KTT, I waited for a few hours for a van to arrive, to take me and some other desperate friends to KTM. Not long after that, we were already lying inside coaches, on our way to Singapore… Wink


15 tippaniyam:

lavenderstears said...

=.=''..so paiseh bt proud that my name appeared in ur blog post..LOL..it has been around 2or 3weeks since the previous post lor..haha..bt nvm,great narration!!!!btw,we were prohibited to take photos there,bt u were quite pro hor,hiak hiak..who is the half nude guy in the 1st photo?haha~

OrAnge-wAsAbI said...

First of all, HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA...!!!

It's my pleasure 2 have ur name in my blog haha. Ya, we were prohibited from taking photos, but i just cant help it. Hands very itchy, if don take photos i'll sure regret. I'm so proud of myself~~ Hahahaha. I held my hand high up to take photos, i think some faci saw that but they jz ignored. XD

I KNEW SOME1 WOULD ASK ABOUT THE NAKED GUY!!!! Just that i never tot u would be de 1st person, hahahaha! U have a great taste for sexy back leh. Nice body oh?? o.0 Hehe. It was Kelvin, Lol.

lavenderstears said...

wattt...held ur hand HIGH lagi?!!omg,so proud of ur courage!!LOL!!

btw,i wan2 LOL at "replace your parents with wealthier ones"..haha~

cheh,it's kelvin..nothing interesting..if tat person was u,it's diff story,hiak hiak...

OrAnge-wAsAbI said...

Ya, quite high. I was and still AM PROUD OF MYSELF! Hiak hiak hiak~~~

U wan 2 replace your parents with wealthier ones? Hahahahaha...

Y ceh oh? Kelvin so shuai, haha. U wan 2 see me nude izzit? Hahahaha...

lavenderstears said...

u dun tell me b4 btn,or i will take this into consideration..(typical unfilial daughter)..LOL

LOL i expect sm more 劲爆 ans..if u dare to put ur nude photos here,for sure i wil 捧场!!And smmore,wil help u to promote and publish..jz kidding lar..i dun wan to scare u liao..haha~

Finally,HAHAHAHAHAHA at BTN!!!

OrAnge-wAsAbI said...

I won't let u see me nude de, later u drool until dehydrate blame me pulak, hahahaha~ But I have other guys's nude pic, u wan? Haha.

Agree with u, "Finally,HAHAHAHAHAHA at BTN!!!"!

lavenderstears said...

omg u r reli narcissism....wake up la!!!!!!!
the other guys??hiak hiak..how much i need to pay??deal!!LOL~

OrAnge-wAsAbI said...

How much u can pay?? Lol. Whose nude picture u want? Chee kit? Hehehe~~~

lavenderstears said...

swt swt..=.='' ermm hw about zaini??muahahahahaha!!!!!how much???(i hope zaini never ever see wat i comment here,so hiao..muahaha!)

OrAnge-wAsAbI said...

OMG!!!!!!!! Zaini wei!! Aiyerrr~~~~ Hiao dao~~~
Hahahahaha... Chee kit better la. Or ah cheng's pic i oso have. =D

lavenderstears said...

OK boon loey,stop hiao-ing here..i cn report u cos u gt so many ppl's nude photos..vr pro lor..MUAHAHAHA~

Anonymous said...

hello there,just wanna ask what should we prepare for the exam?should we hafal the history before the camp?thanks....

Orange wasabi said...

Wow I totally forgot I have this blog. The last post was 3 years ago. Thanks for the visit. =) You don't have to prepare anything before hand. All info will be provided during the camp before the test. I'm not sure what is the test format now, whether they changed anything, but for my year, it was IMPOSSIBLE to fail the test. Out of the 4 options to choose, 3 of them are ridiculously wrong, so u know which is the right answer without studying for the test. I don't know how is it now.

Anonymous said...

momo520 , 金瓶梅視訊聊天室 , MeMe104 , UThome聊天室 , UT視訊聊天 , 真人裸聊 , 色情表演 , 夜色直播APP , 超激情辣妹免費視訊視頻聊天室 , 視頻聊天室

Anonymous said...

直播视讯聊天室 , 直播视讯 , 视讯聊天交友 , 视讯直播交友 , 线上视讯交友 , 网爱视讯交友 , 线上视讯聊天室 , 辣妹写真 , 辣妹视讯秀 , 素人自拍短片

Post a Comment